Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heart Surgery

In August 2007 I underwent ablation surgery for atrial fibrillation. The procedure, known as the Wolf Mini-Maze, was successful. Now free of the annoying arrhythmia, I waited patiently the FAA required 90 days before applying for a new flight medical. My wife convinced me that the wait to do any work on the airplane made sense, since without a medical I would be unable fly anything!

In November 2007 the FAA Medical Examiner issued me a current flight medical. Three days later, I ferried N666JS from Eugene to Sandy River, Oregon (03S). I selected Aviation Research Systems, Inc. to do the work, after carefully reviewing several options. Aviation Research is recognized as the premier shop for Bonanza work, and the owners, Jerry and Felicia Forston, seemed like wonderful people. It is to their credit that I still feel that way over a year later!

No comments:

Post a Comment